Revised April 15, 2021
2. Information We Collect
- Personal Information: Information about a person or household that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, could be reasonably linked with, or could be used to directly or indirectly identify that person or household (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). It may also include other information that may be associated with Personal Information, such as Generic Information and Commercial Information (defined below) if that information can be used to identify a person, household, or device.
- Commercial Information: In some cases, the Services are provided to business entities to help them meet their business needs. As such, we collect information from our commercial clients related to their business, employees, clients, and their purchase of our Services. This information may include their business’ name, address, telephone number, email address, employees and clients’ names and contact information, payment information to facilitate transactions with us, and other information related to their business.
- Usage and Technical Information: The Services include features that gather information about how users use it. We use this information to compile statistical and performance information related to the Services. This information is typically aggregate and/or deidentified data. In some situations, Usage and Technical Information may be combined with other information in a way that identifies a person. In those situations, Usage and Technical Information will be treated like Personal Information.
- Personal Information Collected Over the Last 12 Months The following section describes the categories of Personal Information we may have collected in the preceding twelve months through use of the Services, the categories of sources from which that information may have been collected, the categories of third parties with whom that information may have been shared, and the commercial purpose for collecting that information.
|Category of Information||Examples of Information||Sources of Information||Purpose for Collecting the Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifying Information||Real name, alias, signature, email address, phone number, or other identifiers||You, our clients||To provide our Services to our clients and to your clients, verify your identity, maintain our security, and comply with our legal obligations||Our clients, our Service Providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
|Commercial Information||Real name, email address, records of Services purchased, obtained, or considered||You, your clients, our Service Providers||To provide our Services to our clients and to your clients, maintain our security, and comply with our legal obligations||Our Service Providers and government entities (where required by law)|
|Usage and Technical Information||Information about your interaction with our Services (e.g. IP address; device information)||You, our Service Providers, other third parties||To operate, maintain, provide, and improve our Services; to detect security incidents; detect, prevent, and address technical issues; secure our network and other devices; and protect our network, property, and personnel||Our Service Providers, marketers, and government entities (where required by law)|
3. How We Collect Your Information
StoneAge collects information in a few ways: you voluntarily provide it to us, we obtain it through the provision of the Services, and we obtain it through third parties.
- Information You Give Us. We collect information that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information, including Personal Information, in order to provide you with Services you request. For instance, we may require you to provide your name, email address, or other contact information when you set up an account for the Services. In some circumstances, we will not be able to further our relationship with you (for example, to provide you with our Services if you are a client) without certain Personal Information. We will inform you at the relevant time if this is the case.
- Information We Obtain through the Use of Our Services. We collect certain information from you through your use of our Services, such as records of the Services we have provided to you. We may also collect information about you from our clients’ use of our Services.
- Information We Obtain from Third Parties. We may also obtain information about you from third parties, such as our clients who may have an employment relationship with you, or those that help us provide our Services to you.
4. How We Use Your Information
We generally use your information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To provide our Services, including to answer any questions or inquiries you make to us, perform a contract with our clients or Service Providers, and provide customer support to you.
- With your consent, in accordance with that consent. For example, if you request customer support, we will use the information you provide to evaluate your specific request and contact you.
- To comply with applicable laws, in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with an applicable legal obligation.
- For another StoneAge business or commercial purpose. For instance, we may use your information to assist with fraud prevention, report suspected criminal activity to law enforcement, and to help prosecute individuals responsible for malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
a) How We May Share Information We Collect StoneAge may share your information, including Personal Information, with a variety of parties depending on the purpose for and context in which you provided the information. We generally share the information with the following types of recipients:
- Service Providers: We employ third-party Service Providers, companies, individuals, and agents to facilitate and help us provide our Services to you (“Service Providers”). Such Service Providers perform tasks or functions on our behalf, provide Services-related services, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used or delivered. For instance, we may disclose information to our database and cloud storage providers that help us maintain the Services.
The Services Providers we share your Personal Information with in the provision of the Services are: Amazon Web Services and MongoDB, Inc.
These third parties are granted access to your information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Corporate Transitions: Your Personal Information may be processed in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. For example, Personal Information may be part of the assets transferred, or may be disclosed (subject to confidentiality restrictions) during the due diligence process for a potential transaction.
b) Personal Information Shared Over the Last 12 Months The following section lists the categories of Personal Information StoneAge may have disclosed and the categories of recipients of such information in the preceding twelve months:
|Category of Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifying Information||Our clients, our Service Providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
|Commercial Information||Our clients, our Service Providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
|Usage and Technical Information||Our Service Providers, and government entities (where required by law)|
StoneAge does not sell information collected through your use of these Services.
5. Data Retention
6. Data Transfer
StoneAge operates in and uses Service Providers located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to the United States. The United States does not provide the same legal protections as other countries and territories.
7. Individuals from the European Union
Legal Bases for Processing: We process your Personal Information for one or more of the following general permitted purposes in accordance with the corresponding legal basis.
|Legal Basis||Permitted Purpose|
|Where it is necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps at your request to enter into the contract||For example:
|Where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation||For example:
|Where it is necessary for the purposes of our or another party’s legitimate interests, except where these are overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms||For example:
|Where you provide consent||For example:
8. Children’s Privacy
The Services are intended for adult users, and are not meant to be used by anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). As such, Children may not use our Services. If you are under 18, do not attempt to use any of our Services, and do not provide us any Personal Information about yourself.
9. Contact Us
While no data transmission on the internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications despite our efforts to prevent this, and we therefore make no guarantees regarding the security of user information.
11. Third-Party Platforms and Services
12. Changes to this Policy